Sunday, March 29, 2009

The 2009 bouldering season has started off in earnest.  Ngoc, Danica, Jesse and I took a little day trip out to Yosemite valley this Saturday to revel in the warm spring temperatures.  It was a gorgeous day, and the falls were gushing with runoff.  Heading over to the Village, we started to notice the beginnings of the Yosemite tourist rush.  oh my!


Danica took home the bacon with an easy send of the Sentinel Traverse V6.  Ngoc and I both put in earnest efforts, but came home without sends.  I'm finally honing up to the fact that my shoulder is pretty busted at the moment.  I have a history of ignoring injury, but yesterday convinced me I need to take at least a week off from hard bouldering.  It's one of the worst feelings, being on a project and feeling like you should be able to send, but held back by pain your body's rebellion.  

We're already planning our return in a month or so.  Its amazing how fast spring in Yosemite goes by.  One week, the snow's melted, and only a couple months later, its already too hot to climb anywhere except Tuolumne.

I'm also upping my photography game this year.  Yesterday was a test run with the new LumoPro LP120, and plenty of bugs were worked out.  Look for more, better pictures this year.

<untitled>  379
<untitled>  377
<untitled>  375
<untitled>  374

No comments: