Monday, May 12, 2008

Looking at the date of my last blog post, it appears that some time has passed since my last entry. When asked why recently by a buddy, my answer was simply "nothing cool has happened". I think if you're one of the few people who read this, you hear about my life happenings all too frequently already.

Breaking the life-mediocrity as of late was an excellent trip to Mickey's and Stinson Beaches this past Sunday. Ngoc, JFire and I drove out there and met up with Mike to enjoy some surprisingly fabulous weather and naked beachgoers. The rock at Mickey's beach is super slick and covered in a perpetual sea mist. My guess is that optimal friction out there never really happens... If anyone knows how to get around the ocean wetness out there, I'd be happy to hear it. But without this key knowledge, we kept to the dryer areas and easier problems mostly.

John and I did manage to send Orange Pleasure and Orange Pleasure - Right at V4 and V5 respectively. I had trouble finding the exit to the latter, pulling handfuls of choss off of my ill conceived top-out. Some quick zig-zag beta from John had me sending next go.

We got tired of Mickey's after the tide came in along with some tourists, so we high-tailed it up the road to Stinson, made a stop for Coronas and Ginger Ale at the market, and headed to the Stinson Beach Boulder to play on some short eliminates. We had some fun lounging and messing around on John's goofy changing lieback problem, which he finally sent most unceremoniously after a few minutes of rest. I managed to send it with some nutty heel hook beta that Ngoc gave me. Even though she's almost a foot shorter than I am, her beta always seems to work better for me.

IMG_9708
We never could get up this odd V1. I think we had horrible beta. Here's John making it look easy.
IMG_9719
IMG_9726
Ngoc has become quite the macro photographer! These last couple photos show it.
IMG_9753
Stinson Beach Boulder. The vertical rail above John's head is the lieback that you have to finesse onto, after starting low and on an opposite lieback with close to no feet.
IMG_9748
My new nickname should be "great white".

No comments: