Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tuolumne Weekend #3

Ngoc, Matt and I met up with Adrian in Tuolumne this weekend for a couple days of pure bouldering. Every time we go to Tuolumne, we invariably seem to end up at either (a) the Gunks or (b) the Knobs. Every other area we've tried so far just doesn't compare.

For the past two trips I had been getting punished on Cellulite Eliminator V7 at the Gunks. However, this trip, relatively fresh and well fed, I walked up to the line and sent on my first go of the day. Matt also flashed it...typical...and came heartbreakingly close to sending the other area testpiece, Steelfingers Traverse V8.

On day 2, we headed back out to the Knobs and I bagged a surprise send of the Sit Start to Kauk Problem V6. The sit adds two moves (but no quality) to this very elegant and fingery problem.


No comments: