Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Sonnie Trotter makes the second ascent of Rhapsody E11 in Scotland. Huge Sonnie Trotter fan, ever since I caught his crazy campus routine on YouTube (i'll put up a link later)...really ever since I saw him on the cover of Rock and Ice 4 years ago (when I was a wee climbing n00b) gear leading the Monkey Face at Smith Rock (5.13 R/X??).

A choice excerpt from his blog, where he Chronicle's the whole thing:

"Dave presented us all with a challenge. A challenge to climb this sequence of holds and until someone does, that challenge will always remain. I could do the 'direct version' and the 'cop out' version, but I still didn't climb Rhapsody, and I would not be truly satisfied. I came here to challenge myself and that I did. Rhapsdoy is a good route, actually no, it's a terrifc route, it climbs so fucking well, it's actually fun to fall off of. There is not a painful or scary move on it, it's a brilliant line."

So stoaked on climbing in general right now that I thought I'd edit my page layout and include links to some of the better climbing blogs I read. I've come across a number of climbers who blog, but I feel the one's I've included over on the right here make for the most entertainment

1 comment:

ngoc said...

no scary or painful moves? what? i guess dave macleod broke two ankles with his fierce imagination!